Tuesday 14 July 2009

Penne with Bell Peppers, Pine Nuts, Raisins & Curry

Wholemeal Penne with Bell Peppers, Pine nuts and Raisins

As soon as I saw Sara's spaghetti, the pasta I show you today came to my mind immediately. This recipe brings m back in time, to the summers of my childhood when we used to eat under a big magnolia tree. When I think about those moments, I feel a little bit nostalgic because they were truly carefree and joyful and especially because we were all together...As life goes on, children grow up, take different paths and go away...but sometimes we, now grown ups, do come back and we get together again under a big gazebo for our famous neverending dinners...My cousin Serena taught me this recipe and after so many years without making it, I can say that it's as I remember it: really good! Curry is the winning ingredient because it combines just perfectly with the rest of the flavours.

PENNE with BELL PEPPERS, PINE NUTS, RAISINS & CURRY
Serves 4

320-360gr Penne (this time I used wholemeal pasta)
4-5 Bell peppers (mixed colours), diced
2 Handfuls of raisins
2 Small handfuls of pine nuts
1-2 Shallots, thinly sliced
Curry
Extra vergin olive oil
Salt

In a big pan put plentiful olive oil and lightly fry the shallots with the pine nuts and raisins. Add the peppers and salt and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes, or until tender. If necessary, add 1-2 tbsps water at a time. Meanwhile cook the pasta al dente. When the peppesr are almost ready add 1 tsp curry (or garam masala) and 1 tbsp water from the pasta and stir to amalgamate everything well. Taste and if you want add some more curry. Drain the pasta, toss it trough the sauce on the heat for 1 minute and serve.

Wholemeal Penne with Bell Peppers, Pine nuts and Raisins

You must try it!!!!

A coloured smile,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment